Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall is Here!--10/13/11

Finally, sweater weather is looming around the corner! After a few days of rain and true fall-like weather, the temps have creeped back up to the high 70s-low 80s. I am ready to break out the sweaters. I am almost done knitting Nolan's sweater, and have to start in on his hat.

Monday marked a momentous occasion--I finally finished my Paralegal Certificate program. That was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. whew! Now to just get the piece of paper that proves it.

Yesterday was a bit scary--John picked Nolan up from daycare around 5:15. I got home about 15 minutes later and met them at the park across the street. Nolan's face looked a little like he was sunburned. But within 30 minutes, his whole face was super red, and he had what looked like hives on his belly. We went home and I started Googling it. It came down to Fifth's Disease or a food allergy. I looked at his sheet from daycare, and lo and behold, he had a peanut butter cookie around 3:15. By bathtime, the rash and hives had disappeared, but I still had to check on him in the middle of the night to make sure he was still breathing. =/ We are going to have him tested for a peanut allergy. I am praying he is just one of those kids that has weird unexplained rashes, and NOT a peanut allergy. Not only because he would be really limited on sweets, foods--but I really do not want to be a helicopter mom, and that ailment would turn me into one.

In other news--John is in backgrounds at one agency and waiting to hear about another one--both would require moving more than 100 miles away...which we are keeping our fingers crossed on!

No comments:

Post a Comment